The TU/e Main Building (Atlas) has won the International BREEAM Award 2017. The Atlas Building was shortlisted in the category Education & Healthcare because of its high BREEAM score (BREEAM Outstanding 93,8%). A judging panel of five independent experts drawn from all parts of the property and construction industry have reviewed the project’s case studies. The judges noted the strong health and wellbeing aspects of the project, and its value to the research community and as a demonstrator to other projects moving forward.
De Award Ceremony took place on 7 March during a gala-event in London. There are multiple winners, one in every category, of which none less than five Dutch projects. The winners are:
- Atlas Building, Eindhoven (Education and Healthcare)
- com Fulfillment Center, Waalwijk (Industrial)
- Energy Academy Europe, Groningen and Royal Agio Cigars, Duizel (Mixed Use and Other Buildings Award joint winners)
- Kings Place, London (Office In-Use Award)
- Geelen Counterflow, Haelen (Office New Construction Award)
- 80-100 Victoria Street, London (Office Refurbishment and Fit-Out Award)
- Tribe Apartments, Manchester (Residential Award)
- Heuvel, Eindhoven (Retail In-Use Award)
- Lidl Supermarket, Växjö (Retail New Construction)
The Atlas building is designed by TeamRSVP; a collaboration between Team V, Van Rossum, Valstar Simonis and Peutz.